Saturday, June 23, 2007

My tags....

For my tag assignment I decided to put my tagged items in a storybook format. Each of the highlighted words were taken from the titles of each of my tagged items. However, these tags were placed in the story at random. There is no direct relationship between the meaning of the highlighted words as they apply to the story and the meaning of the words as they apply to the tagged items.


This six week trip to Europe has long surpassed all of my wildest dreams and expectations. Having spent all of my childhood years entrapped in a tiny suburban NEIGHBORHOOD I only knew the world as it appeared from the confinements of my home, school, friends and family. I was SMASHED! in between my own world as I knew it, and “the other” …my idealized depiction of what I perceived the unfamiliar existence of people, and places beyond the coast stretching from Maryland down to the southern tip of South Carolina to be like. Gnarls[y] Barkley’s song, Crazy, sums up my emotions at that point in time in my life. The first stanza, “I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind. There was something so pleasant about that place. Even your emotions have an echo in so much space…” really speaks my mind very well. I would cross over my lawn to my hammock, next to the family PaViLiOn, and swing myself into oblivion. My ydob would become limp and motionless while my mind would wonder in time as if I were gazing through a time capsule. I would enter[rance] into a state of enchantment where everything seemed larger than life. From a very young age, I would plan to one day go find this place. The monotony of my everyday surroundings, my inquisitiveness and my mother were my driving forces. My mother has always been my supporter, my biggest fan, by encouraging me to not only dream big, because everyone has dreams, but to center my life around fulfilling those aspirations. I’m finally living IN[side] of my dreams and it is 15 times [%] better than I had ever imagined it to be. Italy is the city of endless tours, but also a place to LOUNGE and take in the simplistic art that lies behind the main attractions. Barcelona, the city that never sleeps, puts all the HOTEL parties to shame! This place that I call my “home” away from home, is the ticket to my ecstasy. I eat, sleep and breathe …Europe!!!!!!!!!

No comments: