Thursday, June 7, 2007

Lost....emotional and physical impact

There's no feeling quite like landing in a completely foreign country with only two cell phone device between four people for contacting one another...Last weekend me and three of my good Temple friends went on a three day trip to Barcelona. Due to last minute bookings, we ended up staying in two separate hostels. Shortly after checking into our hostel my friend Julie and I ventured off to locate our two guy friends who were staying a few miles away from us. We received a text with their address, but when we arrived to the general location we couldn't find their exact street number. Finally after about fifteen minutes of meandering around the vacinity we found it, at which point I experienced a satisfactory sigh of relief. During those fifteen minutes my mind wad in panic mood...I have trouble getting my cool when I'm overly anxious or nervous. My heart was racing and knowing that Barcelona is one of the top pick-pocketing destinations in the world I found myself constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure nobody caught me off guard. Needless to say panicing is the worst reaction to have, but nonetheless I always find myself flustered in situations like this when I loose my bearings. This is definately something I need to work on...

No comments: