Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What I carry with me...
A trillion pens ...lie stashed within the front pocket of my bookbag at all times. I seem to have an obsession with writing utensils because I have the worst short term memory, so I' m constantly misplacing my pens. To compensate, I'm always purchasing more and grabbing a handful of all the free-bees I come across. But, since I have a habit of chewing on the ends of my pens half of my collection has become useless. But rather than throwing them away I end up tossing them back into my bag, which only creates more of a headache for myself.I end up having to repeatedly perform "trial and error" everytime I try to write with one.

This habit might very well mislead people into thinking that I'm a very unorganized person, when in fact I rely almost entirely on my weekly planner. My trip in Roma has been a perfect example of this. I made it a point the second night I was here to sit down with my roommate Julie and plan out the dates for each of our trips over the course of this summer abroad period. Although we've made some adjustments here and there our friend Brandon is amazed at how well we are on top of things. From Venice, to Capri, to Barcelona we have arranged a trip for every weekend so that we can make the most of our time and experience here. I am anxious to begin our first journey to Ostia this weekend where we plan to soak up the sun by day and party on the sandy shores by night ...and the party won't stop until seven in the morning. Admist all this bliss I will be thinking to myself life can't get any better than this.




No comments: